Take the Leap! Start or Grow a Business
Are you ready to own or operate your own business? Want to take steps to grow your current business? Find help for both paths by taking the Door County Small Business and Entrepreneurial Training Course this winter.
Weekly classes begin Monday, January 22
at NWTC-Sturgeon Bay.
This eight-week business planning course will guide you through a step-by-step approach to researching and writing a professional business plan.
Building a business to withstand the test of time requires a unique set of tools. That’s where the Door County Entrepreneurial Training Program course makes a difference, by providing you the opportunity to:
* Organize and better manage your business;
* Identify opportunities and market your business …Will your brilliant idea make money?
* Understand and get your business financials in order;
* Get funding for your business;
* Network with other entrepreneurs…Word of mouth is GREAT marketing;
* Develop a network with small business support services…DCEDC can help connect you;
* Write a detailed, comprehensive business plan…Get ready to make your dream a reality!
The course is open to those who are considering starting their own business, existing small businesses wanting help to get a handle on all the details, or successful businesses looking to grow.
Recent data from the SBDC showed that from 2004 to 2017, the Door County program has had 108 participants, 48 of whom went on to start a business.
The cost for the Door County Entrepreneurial Training Program is $250, which includes books and materials. The course usually costs $1,000, however the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is offering an Entrepreneurial Training Grant to qualified applicants (must submit a passing, completed business plan) that covers 75% of the tuition.
The Door County Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC) and the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at UW-Green Bay are proud to once again sponsor this entrepreneurial training program in Door County.