Entering the international marketplace requires a clear understanding of foreign business trends and practices.
Ninety-six percent of the world’s population lives outside of the U.S., so there is tremendous purchasing power to be tapped in emerging economies. That’s why the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) helps companies, large and small, find viable opportunities to reach these markets. More than 8,500 companies in the state are already finding success around the world, and 88 percent of those are small or mid-sized firms.
WEDC leverages a global network of foreign trade agents who represent 54 countries and can provide in-country expertise in some of the world’s fastest growing markets. Businesses new to exporting and those planning to expand their export strategy gain access to expertise here and in-market on international research, sales, shipping and banking, and can tap into customized export training programs.
– See more at: http://inwisconsin.com/export
The Door County Economic Development Corporation is a partner in the Northeast Wisconsin International Business Development Program, which provides expert consulting services for businesses considering global expansion, as well as for businesses already participating in the international marketplace.
- Product/market viability analysis
- Market needs evaluation
- Benchmark pricing information
- Competitor information gathering and analysis
- Agent distributor identification
Commercial Assistance Services
- Developing an export-marketing plan
- Translation and interpretation
- International banking
- Letters of credit
- INCO payment terms and conditions
- Foreign exchange information
- Freight forwarders and customs specialists
- Foreign Trade Zone Economic Benefits
- Cultural awareness and business protocol information
- Mentoring support from firms currently doing business overseas
- Basic international credit
- International law firms
- Insurance agencies with policies to protect shipments and employees
- Federal Government export assistance
- Wisconsin State Financial Assistance