Annual Business Planning Course to Begin Monday, January 25
Door County, WI – The Door County Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC) and the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at UW-Green Bay are proud to once again sponsor an entrepreneurial training program in Door County. Beginning Monday, January 25th at NWTC-Sturgeon Bay, the eight-week business planning course takes students through a step-by-step approach to researching and writing a professional business plan.
Building a business to withstand the test of time requires a unique set of tools. That’s where the Door County Entrepreneurial Training Program course makes a difference, by providing the opportunity to:
- Explore entrepreneurship;
- Identify and meet market needs;
- Objectively evaluate your concept and plans for moving forward;
- Develop a working knowledge of business fundamentals such as marketing, product/service development, management, and financials;
- Begin building an infrastructure for your business operations and processes;
- Explore the risk and success factors in the marketplace;
- Understand how to access the human, financial, and business resources;
- Network with entrepreneurs and professionals;
- Respond to changes that can impact your business; and
- Build an actionable business plan.
Every Monday evening, January 25 through March 14, course participants will gain the knowledge and skills to create a plan for the ultimate success of their business. The course is open to those who are considering starting their own business, existing small businesses struggling to get a handle on all the details or successful businesses looking to grow.
Recent data from the SBDC showed that from 2004 to 2014, the Door County program has had 72 participants, 48 of whom went on to start a business. That conversion rate of 67% exceeds both the regional (54%) and statewide (48%) conversion rates.
The cost for the Door County Entrepreneurial Training Program course is only $250, including books and materials. The course usually costs $1000, however the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is offering an Entrepreneurial Training Grant to qualified applicants that covers 75% of the tuition.
Registration is due by Friday, January 15, 2016.